Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On location in Soho


Today in class we were each assigned to different locations in Manhattan to shoot street fashion. I was given Soho and ended up shooting very straight forward images of New Yorkers with interesting garments. I asked all of my subjects if I could take a picture of them because the whole idea of discreetly taking photos as people walked by wasn't working for me. It was fairly crowded down there and I don't like what I was getting when there was no contact or connection from subject to photographer.

My images are sort of boring in my opinion, and not at all conceptual or creative (which I obviously dislike). But, what can you do. But, it did teach me how to be more comfortable approaching strangers. I plan to do this more often, just as a way to test myself.

Not a single person denied me photographing them. That was unexpected.


This is the first photo I took that day.






No comments:

Post a Comment