Monday, April 5, 2010

On Location Package Design Shoot

I loved shooting packaging design. I was fortunate enough to work with Carly who had a vision that is very similar to what I enjoy shooting. She wanted a lifestyle approach, to show the product already baked into a good and being displayed within a quaint cafe or bakery.
I had scouted a location of a low key bakery, with a nearby bread shop. Carly met me and reviewed the images while I was shooting. During the shoot she let me know she would be cropping the photos to a square format, something I wish I was aware of in the beginning, but nothing to growl about.
She improvised on an idea, while I was shooting, to have a product type of shot of each bread and cappuccino as well as the lifestyle shots of people enjoying them to match each item. This would require a second studio shoot. I suggested we shoot the product within these environments to save time, and also match the environment more, which we both found successful.
The people in these shots were all kind enough to pose for the photos, and were pretty pumped about it.
It was an excellent time, and I couldn't have asked for a job more my style.






No comments:

Post a Comment